All GP practices in Kent co-ordinate the care of their patients who are living with diabetes, sometimes with the help of diabetes specialists. Normally you would expect to visit your practice every three or six months. The doctors and nurses at your GP practice will:
- make sure you have all your annual screening tests
- work with you to agree a care plan, which will include setting goals to help you lead a healthier lifestyle
- discuss your medication – are you taking it as it appears on the prescription, is it working for you and are you having any problems?
- advise you when you need help from other specialist services
- provide family planning advice
Always contact your GP practice if you have any questions or need advice about diabetes.